Saturday, May 2, 2015

Sculptures and Statues of the Louvre


The Louvre or the Musée du Louvre in Paris, France is one of the most rich museums of the world that houses masterpiece art collection of some of the finest craftsmen and artists of the world.

I recently had the opportunity to visit the museum and was awestruck to see some of the 35,000 artifacts, paintings and statues that attract countless tourists and art lovers from around the world to visit the place.

While Mona Lisa continues to be the most visited painting, the statues and sculptures are center of attraction too, carrying big names like Michelangelo and others. Herein under are some of the statues and sculptures I was able to capture on my camera:















Some of the famous and most visited statues are as under:

 The Nike of Samothrace (or Winged Victory) - above, depicts the Greek goddess of Victory 
 Rebellious Slave (left) and the the Dying Slave (right) by Michelangelo 
 White Greek marble Statues `Satyres de Atlante`


And finally the Antonio Canova's Psyche Revived by Cupid's Kiss:

I will share my visit to the painting section of the Louvre, which houses the immortal Mona Lisa in one of my next posts.

Read full account of my visit to Louvre at my travel blog JahoJalal

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Web Hosting Bluehost