Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Visit to Cathédrale Notre Dame de Paris


Since I saw the movie 'Hunchback of Notre Dame' in my childhood, I always wanted to see the actual Cathédrale Notre Dame de Paris if I ever visited Paris. And when I did last year September, I made it a point not to miss it in my list of Must See places in Paris. 

Here are some of the photos I took while visiting the Cathédrale Notre Dame de Paris or when passing by it during the Paris night-boat ride. Although there was no Hunchback or beautiful Esmeralda, I could imagine both these characters around - you would too if you happen to visit Cathédrale Notre Dame de Paris.

My first glimpse of the Cathédrale Notre Dame during the boat ride in the famous River Seine of Paris
 My son smiles at me for he knew that I have been so anxious to see the building behind him

As we passed by the Cathédrale Notre Dame, I hurriedly took a few shots - but that was not to be the end. I made it a point that before leaving Paris, I get to see it right there in front of me. And so did I on the last day in Paris, while saying goodbye to this city of lovers and love.



On my last day in Paris - I drove to the Cathédrale Notre Dame de Paris, which was already full of tourists thronging the place - perhaps many like I recalling the movie and comparing it to our memories.


My first daylight glimpse of the Cathédrale Notre Dame de Paris







 
 The massive artwork on the facade of the church building



You may read the full account of my visit to Cathédrale Notre Dame de Paris in my post shared at my travel blog: JahoJalal

You may also read my post related to Notre Dame: Paris Night-Boat Ride

Photos Credit: All photos are mine and accordingly copyrighted 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Web Hosting Bluehost